The Kubiak Research Group
The Kubiak Research Group is located at the University of California, San Diego in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Kubiak Group is composed of graduate, undergraduate, and postdoctoral researchers performing a variety of investigative studies in inorganic, materials, and physical chemistry.
Recent Events and Publications
- Kubiak Group welcomes Tyler Porter, a summer rotation graduate student. He is a recent graduate from Arizona State University.
- Group member Gabriele Canzi receives his Ph.D. in Chemistry. He will be starting as R&D Engineer at PTD Intel, Portland in August.
- Group member David Ung receives his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. He is starting graduate school in the fall at the University of Washington.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Dr. John Walzer, a Senior Research Scientist at Exxon-Mobil who will be on sabbatical with us through September.
- Developing a Mechanistic Understanding of Molecular Electrocatalysts for CO2
Reduction using Infrared Spectroelectrochemistry. Machan, C.W.; Sampson, M.D.; Chabolla, S.A.; Dang, T.; Kubiak, C.P. Organomet.
, Article ASAP
- Cliff is elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Manganese Catalysts with Bulky Bipyridine Ligands for the Electrocatalytic Reduction of Carbon Dioxide: Eliminating Dimerization and Altering Catalysis. Sampson, M.D.; Nguyen, A.D.; Grice, K.A.; Moore, C.E.; Rheingold, A.L.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Am. Chem. Sci.
- Electrocatalytic CO2
(M = Mo, W; R = H, t
Bu) complexes. Electrochemical, spectroscopic, and computational studies and comparison with group 7 catalysts. Clark, M.L.; Grice, K.A.; Moore, C.E.; Rheingold, A.L.; Kubiak, C.P. Chem. Sci.
- Cliff goes on sabbatical for one month with Jean-Michel Savéant at Paris Diderot University in Paris, France.
Past Events and Publications