The Kubiak Research Group
The Kubiak Research Group is located at the University of California, San Diego in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Kubiak Group is composed of graduate, undergraduate, and postdoctoral researchers performing a variety of investigative studies in inorganic, materials, and physical chemistry.
Recent Events and Publications
- Reduction of CO2
by Pyridine Monoimine Molybdenum Carbonyl Complexes: Cooperative Metal–Ligand Binding of CO2
. Sieh, D.; Lacy, D.C.; Peters, J.C.; Kubiak, C.P.; Chem. Eur. J.
, 21 Article ASAP
- Melissa receives the inaugural 'Area Safety Coordinator-Excellence in Safety Award', a jointly sponsored award by campus Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) and the Department
of Chemistry & Biochemistry. The award is in recognition of Melissa’s outstanding contributions towards improving the culture of laboratory safety within the Kubiak Group and on a
broader scale throughout the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry.
- Synthesis and Structural Studies of Nickel(0) Tetracarbene Complexes with the Introduction of a New Four-Coordinate Geometric Index, τδ. Reineke, M.H.; Sampson, M.D.; Rheingold, A.L.; Kubiak, C.P.; Inorg. Chem.
, 54 (7)
- The Homogeneous Reduction of CO2
: Increased Catalytic Rates with the Addition of a CO Scavenger. Froehlich, J.D.; Kubiak, C.P.; J. Am. Chem. Soc.
, 137 (10)
- Cliff is awarded the 2015 Basolo Medal
for Outstanding Research in Inorganic Chemistry.
January 20th, 2015
- Kubiak Group hosts the 2014 AFOSR MURI Annual Review. See the Meeting Agenda
and Poster Session Program
- Matt receives the Teddy Traylor Award from the Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, a merit-based award recognizing past work and facilitating future work at the time when graduate students are immersed in research for their dissertation. Congratulations Matt!
- Electron-Transfer Reactions of Electronically Excited Zinc Tetraphenylporphyrin with Multinuclear Ruthenium Complexes. Henderson, J.; Glover, S.D.; Lear, B.J.; Walker, D.; Winkler, J.R.; Gray, H.B.; Kubiak, C.P.; J. Phys. Chem. B
, Article ASAP
- Synthesis, Spectroscopy, and Electrochemistry of (α-Diimine)M(CO)3
Br, M = Mn, Re, Complexes: Ligands Isoelectronic to Bipyridyl Show Differences in CO2
Reduction. Vollmer, M.W.; Machan, C.W.; Clark, M.L.; Antholine, W.E.; Agarwal, J.; Schaefer III, H.F.; Kubiak, C.P.; Walensky, J.R.; Organomet.
, 34 (1)
- Kubiak Group welcomes its newest lab members: Gwen Merlen, Tyler Porter, and Po Ling Cheung (Daphne).
- Mechanistic Contrasts between Manganese and Rhenium Bipyridine Electrocatalysts for the Reduction of Carbon Dioxide. Riplinger, C.; Sampson, M.D.; Ritzmann, A.M.; Kubiak, C.P.; Carter, E.A. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
Past Events and Publications