The Kubiak Research Group
The Kubiak Research Group is located at the University of California, San Diego in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Kubiak Group is composed of graduate, undergraduate, and postdoctoral researchers performing a variety of investigative studies in inorganic, materials, and physical chemistry.
Recent Events and Publications
- Kubiak group welcomes a new post-doc, Kate Waldie, who recently completed her PhD work at Stanford University.
- Re(I) NHC Complexes for Electrocatalytic Conversion of CO2
. Stanton, C.J.; Machan, C.W.; Vandezande, J.E.; Jin, T.; Majetich, G.F.; Schaefer, H.F.; Kubiak, C.P.; Li, G.; Agarwal, J. Inorg. Chem.
, 2016 Article ASAP
- Rapid synthesis of redox-active dodecaborane B12
clusters under ambient conditions. Wixtrom, A.I.; Shao, Y.; Jung, D.; Machan, C.W.; Kevork, S.N.; Qian, E.A.; Axtell, J.C.; Khan, S.I.; Kubiak, C.P.; Spokoyny, A.M. Inorg. Chem. Front.
, 2016 Article ASAP
- Alissa and Melissa receive the Chemistry & Biochemistry Department Graduate Diversity and Outreach Award. Congratulations!
- Characterizing interstate vibrational coherent dynamics of surface adsorbed catalysts by fourth-order 3D SFG spectroscopy. Li, Y.; Wang, J.; Clark, M.L.; Kubiak, C.P.; Xiong, W. Chem. Phys. Lett.
, 2016 650
- Photocatalytic Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to CO and HCO2
H Using fac
. Cheung, P.L.; Machan, C.W.; Malkhasian, A.Y.; Agarwal, J.; Kubiak, C.P. Inorg. Chem.
, Article ASAP
- "Basolo Medal to Clifford Kubiak"
is written up in the Awards section of C&EN magazine.
- Nitrite reduction on a multimetallic porphyrin/polyoxotungstate layer-by-layer modified electrodes. Garcia, M.; Honores, J.; Quezada, D.; Diaz, C.; Dreyse, P.; Celis, F.; Kubiak, C.P.; Canzi, G.; Guzman, F.; Aguirre, M.J.; Isaacs, M. Electrochim. Acta
- Electronic effects on the catalytic disproportionation of formic acid to methanol by [Cp*IrIII
(R-bpy)Cl]Cl complexes. Sasayama, A.F.; Moore, C.E.; Kubiak, C.P. Dalton Trans.
- Manganese Electrocatalysts with Bulky Bipyridine Ligands: Utilizing Lewis Acids to Promote Carbon Dioxide Reduction at Low Overpotentials. Sampson, M.D.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Kubiak group welcomes its newest PhD students: Andrew, Felix, Nicole, and Han.
- Competing Ferro- and Antiferromagnetic Interactions in a Hexagonal Bipyramidal Nickel Thiolate Cluster. Hamaguchi, T.; Doud, M.D.; Hilgar, J.; Rinehart, J.D.; Kubiak, C.P. Daton Trans.
- Orientation of Cyano-Substituted Bipyridine Re(I) fac
-Tricarbonyl Electrocatalysts Bound to Conducting Au Surfaces. Clark, M.L.; Rudshteyn, B.; Ge, A.; Chabolla, S.A.; Machan, C.W.; Psciuk, B.T.; Song, J.; Canzi, G.; Lian, T.; Batista, V.S.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Phys. Chem. C
, 120 (3)
- Matt defends his thesis entitled "Rhenium and manganese bipyridine tricarbonyl catalysts for the electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide" Congratulations to Matthew Sampson, PhD!
- Mike defends his thesis entitled "Synthetic Advances for P2
Molecular Electrocatalysts with Pendant Bases in the Second-coordination Sphere" Congratulations to Michael Doud, PhD!
- Mark defends his thesis entitled "Electrochemical Methods Towards Sustainable Chemistry" Congratulations to Mark Llorente, PhD!
- Short-range catalyst-surface interactions revealed by heterodyne two-dimensional sum frequency generation. Wang, J.; Clark, M.L.; Li, Y.; Kaslan, C.L.; Kubiak, C.P.; Xiong, W. J. Phys. Chem. Lett.
- Fe-Porphyrin Based MOF Films as High-Surface-Concentration, Heterogeneous Catalysts for Electrochemical Reduction of CO2
. Hod, I.; Sampson, M.D.; Deria, P.; Kubiak, C.P.; Farha, O.K.; Hupp, J.T. ACS Catal.
- A porous proton-relaying metal-organic framework material that accelerates electrochemical hydrogen evolution. Hod, I.; Deria, P.; Bury, W.; Mondloch, J.E.; Kung, C-W.; So, M.; Sampson, M.D.; Peters, A.W.; Kubiak, C.P.; Farha, O.K.; Hupp, J.T. Nature Commun.
- Kubiak Group attends the Southern California Inorganic Photophysics (SCIP) Conference on Catalina Island. Ten group members gave talks.
Past Events and Publications