The Kubiak Research Group
The Kubiak Research Group is located at the University of California, San Diego in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Kubiak Group is composed of graduate, undergraduate, and postdoctoral researchers performing a variety of investigative studies in inorganic, materials, and physical chemistry.
Recent Events and Publications
- Kubiak Group goes to Catalina Island for the Southern California Inorganic Photochemistry Conference (SCIP) September 26-28, where 11 group members gave talks.
- Photoinduced Mixed Valency in Zinc Porphyrin Dimer of Triruthenium Cluster Dyads. Henderson, J.; Kubiak, C.P. Inorg. Chem.
, Article ASAP
- Kubiak Group welcomes Professor Tomohiko Hamaguchi of Fukuoka University who will be on sabbatical with us for one year.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Gwen Merlen, a summer rotation graduate student.
- The Kubiak Group attends the 248th ACS National Meeting in San Francisco.
- Cliff and Jane attend the Electron Donor-Acceptor Interactions Gordon Research Conference in Newport, RI.
- Cliff, John, and Charlie attend the Organometallic Chemistry Gordon Research Conference in Newport, RI.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Tyler Porter, a summer rotation graduate student. He is a recent graduate from Arizona State University.
- Group member Gabriele Canzi receives his Ph.D. in Chemistry. He will be starting as R&D Engineer at PTD Intel, Portland in August.
- Group member David Ung receives his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. He is starting graduate school in the fall at the University of Washington.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Dr. John Walzer, a Senior Research Scientist at Exxon-Mobil who will be on sabbatical with us through September.
- Developing a Mechanistic Understanding of Molecular Electrocatalysts for CO2
Reduction using Infrared Spectroelectrochemistry. Machan, C.W.; Sampson, M.D.; Chabolla, S.A.; Dang, T.; Kubiak, C.P. Organomet.
, Article ASAP
- Cliff is elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Manganese Catalysts with Bulky Bipyridine Ligands for the Electrocatalytic Reduction of Carbon Dioxide: Eliminating Dimerization and Altering Catalysis. Sampson, M.D.; Nguyen, A.D.; Grice, K.A.; Moore, C.E.; Rheingold, A.L.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Am. Chem. Sci.
- Electrocatalytic CO2
(M = Mo, W; R = H, t
Bu) complexes. Electrochemical, spectroscopic, and computational studies and comparison with group 7 catalysts. Clark, M.L.; Grice, K.A.; Moore, C.E.; Rheingold, A.L.; Kubiak, C.P. Chem. Sci.
- Cliff goes on sabbatical for one month with Jean-Michel Savéant at Paris Diderot University in Paris, France.
Past Events and Publications