The Kubiak Research Group
The Kubiak Research Group is located at the University of California, San Diego in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Kubiak Group is composed of graduate, undergraduate, and postdoctoral researchers performing a variety of investigative studies in inorganic, materials, and physical chemistry.
Recent Events and Publications
- Electrocatalytic Dihydrogen Production by an Earth-Abundant Manganese Bipyridine Catalyst. Sampson, M.D.; Kubiak, C.P. Inorg Chem.
, Article ASAP
- A Molecular Ruthenium Electrocatalyst for the Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to CO and Formate. Machan, C.W.; Sampson, M.D.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
, Article ASAP
- Incorporation of Pendant Bases into Rh(diphosphine)2
Complexes: Synthesis, Thermodynamic Studies, And Catalytic CO2
Hydrogenation Activity of [Rh(P2
Complexes. Lilio, A.M.; Reineke, M.H.; Moore, C.E.; Rheingold, A.L.; Takase, M.K.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
, Article ASAP
- Melissa attends Cyclic Voltammetry International School (CVIS
) at University Paris Diderot, a five-day CV training course in Paris, France.
- Jane defends her thesis entitled "Photoinduced mixed-valency and delocalization dynamics in strongly coupled multinuclear ruthenium complexes." Congratulations to Jane Henderson, PhD!
- Reduction of CO2
by Pyridine Monoimine Molybdenum Carbonyl Complexes: Cooperative Metal–Ligand Binding of CO2
. Sieh, D.; Lacy, D.C.; Peters, J.C.; Kubiak, C.P.; Chem. Eur. J.
, 21 (23)
- Melissa receives the inaugural 'Area Safety Coordinator-Excellence in Safety Award', a jointly sponsored award by campus Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) and the Department
of Chemistry & Biochemistry. The award is in recognition of Melissa’s outstanding contributions towards improving the culture of laboratory safety within the Kubiak Group and on a
broader scale throughout the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry.
- Synthesis and Structural Studies of Nickel(0) Tetracarbene Complexes with the Introduction of a New Four-Coordinate Geometric Index, τδ. Reineke, M.H.; Sampson, M.D.; Rheingold, A.L.; Kubiak, C.P.; Inorg. Chem.
, 54 (7)
- The Homogeneous Reduction of CO2
: Increased Catalytic Rates with the Addition of a CO Scavenger. Froehlich, J.D.; Kubiak, C.P.; J. Am. Chem. Soc.
, 137 (10)
- Cliff is named the recipient of the 2015 Basolo Medal
for Outstanding Research in Inorganic Chemistry. The medal will be presented on October 30th at Northwestern University.
January 20th, 2015
- Kubiak Group hosts the 2014 AFOSR MURI Annual Review. See the Meeting Agenda
and Poster Session Program
- Matt receives the Teddy Traylor Award from the Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, a merit-based award recognizing past work and facilitating future work at the time when graduate students are immersed in research for their dissertation. Congratulations Matt!
Past Events and Publications