The Kubiak Research Group
The Kubiak Research Group is located at the University of California, San Diego in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Kubiak Group is composed of graduate, undergraduate, and postdoctoral researchers performing a variety of investigative studies in inorganic, materials, and physical chemistry.
Recent Events and Publications
- Synthesis, Spectroscopy, and Electrochemistry of (α-Diimine)M(CO)3
Br, M = Mn, Re, Complexes: Ligands Isoelectronic to Bipyridyl Show Differences in CO2
Reduction. Vollmer, M.W.; Machan, C.W.; Clark, M.L.; Antholine, W.E.; Agarwal, J.; Schaefer III, H.F.; Kubiak, C.P.; Walensky, J.R.; Organomet.
, Article ASAP
- Kubiak Group welcomes its newest lab members: Gwen Merlen, Tyler Porter, and Po Ling Cheung (Daphne).
- Mechanistic Contrasts between Manganese and Rhenium Bipyridine Electrocatalysts for the Reduction of Carbon Dioxide. Riplinger, C.; Sampson, M.D.; Ritzmann, A.M.; Kubiak, C.P.; Carter, E.A. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Kubiak Group goes to Catalina Island for the Southern California Inorganic Photochemistry Conference (SCIP) September 26-28, where 11 group members gave talks.
- Photoinduced Mixed Valency in Zinc Porphyrin Dimer of Triruthenium Cluster Dyads. Henderson, J.; Kubiak, C.P. Inorg. Chem.
- Supramolecular Assembly Promotes the Electrocatalytic Reduction of Carbon Dioxide by Re(I) Bipyridine Catalysts at a Lower Overpotential. Machan, C.H.; Chabolla, S.A.; Yin, J.; Gilson, M.K.; Tezcan, F.A.; Kubiak, C.P. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Professor Tomohiko Hamaguchi of Fukuoka University who will be on sabbatical with us for one year.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Gwen Merlen, a summer rotation graduate student.
- The Kubiak Group attends the 248th ACS National Meeting in San Francisco.
- Cliff and Jane attend the Electron Donor-Acceptor Interactions Gordon Research Conference in Newport, RI.
- Combined steric and electronic effects of positional substitution on dimethyl-bipyridine rhenium(I)tricarbonyl electrocatalysts for the reduction of CO2
. Chabolla, S.A.; Dellamary, E.A.; Machan, C.A.; Tezcan, F.A.; Kubiak; C.P.; Inorg. Chim. Acta
- Cliff, John, and Charlie attend the Organometallic Chemistry Gordon Research Conference in Newport, RI.
- Kubiak Group welcomes Tyler Porter, a summer rotation graduate student. He is a recent graduate from Arizona State University.
Past Events and Publications